This Version: Effective March 13, 2023
The Logit Group is a market research company, specializing in data collection.
At The Logit Group, respecting privacy is an important part of our commitment to respondents and the general public.
When you participate in survey research conducted by our organization, whether in person, by telephone, mail, or online, you can be assured that your individual responses will be kept confidential. Your personal identifying information will never be sold to anyone. You are free to choose whether or not to participate in a survey, free to choose not to answer any specific questions and free to discontinue participation at any time.
We are a member of Canadian Research and Insights Council (CRIC), American Association for Public Opinion Research (AAPOR), and Insights Association. These organizations set standards to which members must adhere and which also protect your privacy.
We collect, use, and disclose personal information, including electronic information, for reasons that are consistent with the purposes described in this policy, or as otherwise permitted or mandated by law. Personal information is kept securely by us and our service providers and retained only as long as necessary. Except in limited circumstances, you (your, yours) have a right to access the information collected about you, within a reasonable time frame, in accordance with existing legislation.
Collection of Personal Information
The Logit Group shall limit the collection of personal information to that which is necessary for the identified purposes. The Logit Group shall identify the purposes for which personal information is collected at or before the time the information is collected.
- Through the marketing and social research we conduct, including face to face, telephone, and online, The Logit Group may collect personal data that can identify you, such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. We will follow all legal requirements regarding
your consent to collect this information.
- As a Data Processor, we may be passed information, lawfully collected by our clients, who would like you to participate in market research. This information may include your full name, job title, company name, email address, telephone number, mailing address, and other personally identifiable information.
- When choosing to participate in our online panels, The Logit group will collect registration data which may include personal data such as your full name, mailing address, email address.
- Personal information also includes personal health information about an identifiable individual such as:
- Physical or mental health;
- Any health service provided to the individual;
Use of Personal Information
The Logit Group shall specify orally, electronically or in writing the identified purposes of the market research activity to the respondent at or before the time personal information is collected. Upon request, persons collecting personal information shall explain these identified purposes or refer the individual to a designated person within The Logit Group who can explain the purposes.
When personal information that has been collected is to be used or disclosed for a purpose not previously identified, the new purpose shall be identified prior to use. Unless the new purpose is permitted or required by law, the consent of the respondent will be acquired before the information will be used or disclosed for the new purpose.
The Logit Group may provide clients or other third parties with information from any survey, in aggregate form. In aggregate form it is impossible to identify an individual respondent’s personal information.
The Logit Group collects and uses personal data from the public only for the following purposes:
- To conduct quantitative and qualitative market, opinion and social research;
- Payment of incentives;
- To verify the responses you provided us with, in a recent market research study;
- To understand respondents’ opinions, demographic/socio economic profile, and product/service use to establish suitability for participation in research on specific topics;
- To create an account for you;
- To verify your identity;
- To personalize your experience;
- To communicate with you, including for direct marketing purposes that you have agreed to receive and that are relevant to you;
- To respond to your communications to us;
- To deliver our services to you;
- To develop and deliver practices related to solutions and risk analytics;
- To enhance your browsing experience on our website;
- To improve our service offerings;
- To provide analytics about the usage of our website (aggregated data only);
- To meet legal or regulatory requirements.
The knowledge and consent of an individual is required for the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information. Participation by respondents in survey research is always voluntary. The identified purposes shall be stated in a clear and concise manner that can be reasonably understood by the respondent. As required by law, consent will be given with a statement or a clear affirmative action, specific to the processing, that is informed and freely given.
Generally, any personal information collected in the course of an interview is not disclosed to third parties. However, occasionally, a client sponsoring a research project may want to contact respondents directly. In these cases, The Logit Group always explains the reason for the disclosure to the respondent and obtains express permission from the respondent before making any such disclosure.
A respondent is always free to choose whether or not to participate in a survey, free to choose not to answer any specific questions and free to discontinue participation at any time.
While collecting data for market research activities, The Logit Group may process “Sensitive data” which is defined as personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation. Such data will only be processed in accordance with applicable law.
The Logit Group will not process personal data of children without parental consent, in accordance with applicable local law. If the Logit group becomes aware that we have unintentionally collected such data without parental consent, we will delete the data without delay.
Sharing Personal Information
The Logit Group will never pass your personal information on to other organizations for them to use for their own sales or marketing purposes. We will disclose your personal data only for the purposes and to those third parties, as described below. We will take the necessary steps to ensure that your personal data is processed, secured, and transferred according to applicable law.
- The Logit Group operates multiple companies in Canada and USA. Your personal data may be transferred to one or more Logit Group affiliated companies as needed for data processing. We do not disclose personal data of participants in market research projects to third parties outside the Logit Group unless the participants have declared their prior explicit consent for the specific purpose.
- To third parties who provide a service to us such as market research data collection companies, email service providers to facilitate sending information to you, data centres to securely host our databases and applications, or data processors. We require these service providers to comply strictly with our instructions and data protection laws within the framework of dat processing agreements.
- To third party client companies who commission us to conduct market research on their behalf. Any legal requirements pertaining to the transfer of personal data to these companies will be adhered to.
- To a public authority or agent of a public authority as required to comply with the law; or if, in the reasonable judgment of The Logit Group, it appears that there is imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information.
The Logit Group shall protect personal information against such risks as loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, modification or destruction, through appropriate security measures, regardless of the format in which it is held. This includes reasonable electronic, physical, and administrative controls and procedures. The Logit Group’s information security governance program is closely aligned with international security standards.
Only The Logit Group’s employees with a business need-to-know, or whose duties reasonably so require, are granted access to personal information about respondents.
All of The Logit Group’s employees with access to personal information shall be required to respect the confidentiality of that information.
The Logit Group shall keep personal information only as long as it remains necessary or relevant for the identified purposes or as required by law. Depending on the circumstances, where a respondent may have to be re-contacted for purposes of clarifying responses to a survey, or to seek additional responses, The Logit Group shall retain the personal information for a period of time that is reasonably sufficient to allow this re-contact.
The Logit Group shall maintain reasonable and systematic controls, schedules and practices for information and records retention and destruction which apply to personal information that is no longer necessary or relevant for the identified purposes or required by law to be retained. Such information shall be destroyed, erased or made anonymous.
If a respondent has requested to not be re-contacted by The Logit Group in the future, we will need to retain some personal data to facilitate this request, such as phone number or email address. As such, this request will serve as consent to store the personal data until further direction by the respondent.
External Website Links
Our website may contain links to external websites owned by third parties. The Logit Group is not responsible for any activity that may occur on these external sites. We accept no responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third parties and you use them at your own risk.
The Logit Group will comply with all legal requirements of the jurisdictions in which it operates.
The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) is the federal privacy law for private-sector organizations in Canada.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union and the European Economic Area.
The GDPR provides the following rights for EU data subjects:
The right to be informed
The Logit Group is publishing this Privacy Notice to keep you informed regarding the collection and use of your personal information.
The right of access
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to access the personal data The Logit group holds about you.
The right to rectification
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to change it.
The right to erasure
This is often called ‘the right to be forgotten’. If you wish to have us erase all the personal data we hold and we do not have a legal reason to continue to process and hold it, please contact us.
The right to restrict processing
You may ask us to restrict how we process your data, without completely erasing it.
The right to data portability
The right to data portability allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services. This applies to data which you have supplied to us.
The right to object
The GDPR gives individuals the right to object to the processing of their personal data in certain circumstances.
The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
When an alleged infringement on applicable privacy laws has occurred, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in your member state, or the location in which the alleged infringement occurred.
Additional Disclosures for California, Virginia, Connecticut, Colorado, and Utah Residents
In accordance with applicable US state privacy laws (such as California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA)), residents are provided the following rights:
The right to know which personal information is being collected
- The Logit Group is publishing this Privacy Notice to keep you informed regarding the collection and use of your personal information.
- At the point of collection, The Logit Group will inform you of the personal information being collection and the purposes for which the personal information is used.
The right to know if personal data is being sold or shared, and to whom
- Your personal information will never be sold to anyone.
- Your personal information may be shared with third party client companies who commission us to conduct market research on their behalf. This will be identified to you at the point of collection. Any legal requirements pertaining to the transfer of personal data to these companies will be adhered to.
The right to object to the sale of personal data
The Logit Group will never sell your personal data.
The right to access one's own personal information
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to access the personal data The Logit group holds about you.
The right to equal service and price, even for consumers who exercise their privacy rights
Notice of collection:
In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers: Name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, or other similar identifiers
- Customer records information: Name, address, telephone number, education, employment, medical information
- Characteristics of protected classifications: Race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age
- Commercial information: Products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: including history of visiting and interacting with our Services, browser type, browser language and other information collected automatically.
- Geolocation data
- Professional or employment-related information
Changes to Policy
How to Contact Us
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone: 1-866-845-6448 extension 304
Vice President, Information Technology
401 The West Mall, Suite 700
Toronto, ON, M9C 5J5